Wearing the right lipstick shade is one of the crucial things for a girl. A lip color that doesn’t match your skin or outfit might spoil your image and taste. It isn’t that hard to find the shades that suits you most. Here we are going to share you a quick and easiest way to give you an idea to find your perfect match that will become your lifelong favorites soon.
Different kinds of skin tones have their own colors that compliment them so let’s begin with identifying your skin undertone. You may check the veins in your wrists to identify your undertone:
- If they look blue, means you have cool undertones.
- If they look green, you have warm undertones.
- If they’re somewhere in between, means you have neutral skin tone.
- For cool undertone and probably you’re having fair skin tone as well, try blue and purple-based shades such as blue-based red, it will create the most flattering effect for you.
- If you have warm undertones, you’re likely have a yellow, olive hue to your skin, try orange-based shades such as orange red, it will always work for you.
- While for darker skin tone, you may try some deep shades such as deep red will look gorgeous on you. Lastly, most lipstick shades will suit you if you have neutral skin tone.
The Red Shades that complement for different skin tones
Next is by choosing the shades according to your occasions but a lot of people ignore this and only use one shade for all occasions over the year. Sometimes, this could make a difference because a certain shades could work perfectly great for a specific occasion. The logic is similar to how you dress up for an event, you will have different dress code for different occasions, why not lipstick?
Image from https://www.freepik.com/home
- If you are looking for a lipstick for work, try red or pink colors, as it adds drama to a fairly plain outfit and gives people the feeling that you are professional and mature thinking.
- If you are about to go for a date, try pink, this is the most feminine color for a girl and have a sexy feeling as well, and most importantly this sweet color will definitely catch his attention.
- Lastly, you may try orange colors for your daily or casual outfits for shopping or hanging out with friends, this color will leave you looking fresh and cheer up your day.
Finally, you don't need to follow the rules exactly, your lip color is up to you, feel free to try any colors you like but this guide could be a good reference for those still have no idea how to pick a shade for them.
Leave a comment